Scottsdale Honors Cotillion, Inc. is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt public charity, which began in 1965. In order to successfully complete the Scottsdale Honors Cotillion program and be presented at the Ball, the following must be met:
- A scholastic average of 3.0 GPA overall to be maintained during the senior year. GPA's will be checked at the two Standards Meetings.
- Applicants must be a full time student at a Scottsdale-area high school OR reside in the Scottsdale area.
- Participation in all SHC activities and meetings: No more than four excused absences will be permitted during the year. Three tardies to meetings equals one absence.
- Attendance at your chosen place of worship 50% of the time.
- Participation in community service projects as organized by Scottsdale Honors Cotillion.
- Learn a new talent and present it at the Scottsdale Honors Cotillion Talent Show.
- Participation in two ongoing extracurricular school activities.
- Meet all financial obligations as outlined in the Financial Commitment (see attached).
- Cover any visible tattoos and/or piercings; no theatrical makeup during the Grand Cotillion Ball.
- Restrict jewelry at the Grand Cotillion Ball to a single strand of pearls and pearl stud earrings (only one each ear).
- Ball gown and shoes must be approved PRIOR to purchase by Governing Board Ball Dress Chairperson (see attached).
- Presentation by male (typically father) and escorted by male (typically friend/brother) at the Grand Cotillion Ball.
- Maintain a profile appropriate to Scottsdale Honors Cotillion débutantes. This includes good grooming, responsibility, participation and a positive attitude.
- Most meetings will require a dress code of "appropriate length" dresses/skirts AND pantyhose. No "flip flops" or "tennis shoes" permitted.
- Obtain a Gmail based email address. GApps or other email is not permitted.
Your Accomplishments, Your Individuality, Your Future, Your Cotillion!