Scottsdale Honors Cotillion, Inc. is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt public charity, which began in 1965. Participating schools include Arcadia, Chaparral, Coronado, Desert Mountain, Notre Dame Preparatory, Saguaro High School, and other Scottsdale area high schools. In order to successfully complete the Scottsdale Honors Cotillion program and be presented at the Ball, the following must be met:
- Maintain a scholastic average of 3.0 GPA, overall, during your senior year. GPA’s will be verified at a bi-yearly Standards meetings.
- Continue full-time high school status with a minimum four class schedule.
- Participate in weekly Scottsdale Honors Cotillion activities and meetings. No more than four absences are permitted. Three tardies equal one absence.
- Attend a chosen place of worship 50% of the time; this equals approximately 8 times per semester. Attendance will be verified by presenting bulletins at a bi-yearly Standards meeting.
- Participate in two community service projects sponsored by Scottsdale Honors Cotillion.
- Learn and present a new talent at the Scottsdale Honors Cotillion Talent Show.
- Participate in two-extracurricular activities throughout the senior year. At least one must be associated with their high school.
- Recommend five incoming Junior women for Scottsdale Honors Cotillion membership.
- Maintain a profile appropriate to Scottsdale Honors Cotillion members. This includes good grooming, social responsibility, adherence to a specified dress code, group participation and a positive attitude.
- Pay an interview/program/ball fee totaling $1,990.00, in four designated payments at specified times. A limited number of scholarships may be available. Ten seats at the ball are included. Optional, additional seating is also available for purchase.
- Pay miscellaneous additional expenses to include:
- Nominal sitting fee for professional portraits. In the past, the cost has been approximately $50. Purchase of photos is optional.
- Ball gown, long gloves, white shoes -- Dresses may be purchased new, self-made, borrowed or obtained from previous débutantes. The gown must meet Scottsdale Honors Cotillion specifications. A slip may also be required.
- Tuxedo rental for presenter and escort. In the past, the cost has been approximately $110-$120 for the escort and $90 for the presenter.
- Food costs at buffet/formal dinners and refreshments for community service projects. In the past, the cost has been $30 to $40.
Your Accomplishments, Your Individuality, Your Future, Your Cotillion!